All summer in a day

Posted on 9:54 AM by Rob

After a good long summer, I will be returning to teaching this fall and hoping to finish up the edit on "Ginkers" by winter break. Eric's studio of sorts is almost complete and him and I will be screening each of the segments pulling out the selects before we bring in Bill to begin the sound mixing.


After the rough cut, which hopefully will be done by Thanksgiving, we are going to do a scratch track of the narration and other media for the film. This should give us a decent idea of whether or not the film will end up in the garbage or in a festival. Early looks give me hope that we captured a good story.

Also in the works are the live-action version of "Ginkers" which is really a departure from the documentary and focuses on a family leaving NYC for the suburbs of NJ in 1984. Currently I have completed the first act and am well into the 2nd. In addition to this, the 3rd draft of my comedic feature, Torah! Torah! Torah! is underway.


2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

I can't imagine anything better than a comedy from you. ;-)