An OG for the documentary

Posted on 8:17 AM by Rob


I was walking through downtown Keyport some months back and overheard someone with a raspy and lilting voice talk in rapid-fire staccato about how Judas Priest was the greatest band in the world and how when he was young, he once gave his left testicle for a chance to hear them play live. I finished my iced tea and approached this man. He was taller than average, full-bodied in a way that you would imagine Grover Cleveland or Walt Whitman as being. With dark silver long hair, a wispy beard and a corn cob pipe, he looked me up and down. I uttered a few broken phrases regarding metal and documentaries and he shook my hand. It was large. He was in.

Scott was the first subject to be interviewed. His shoot lasted over 5 hours and was epic in terms of how quickly and how clearly he re-booted over 25 years of personal metal memories for the two cameras, "Metal girls are better in bed anyway." His only request that cold January afternoon, "The largest bottle of Mountain Dew available by law." Well played, Scott. Well played.
He imbibed his Dew and we all we were played a little metal tune that we shall never forget.

0 comments: